If your site takes too long to appear and load, you’ll end up with many frustrated users of your website, and your rankings will drop.
Many free tools can help you test your page speed, including Google’s Page Speed Insights.
The recommended tool for this task is GTMetrix. Its free tool provides insights on your page speed and gives you recommendations on steps and actions you need to take to improve your website and improve load time.
You can also use SEMrush to audit the site and resolve all performance issues with your site. Here’s how:
- Log in to your SEMrush dashboard and go to Projects> Add New Project> Enter your domain.
- Enter all the details here and click “Start Site Audit.”
- In seconds, SEMrush will create an audit report that will show you all the errors on the site that you need to correct to improve your site’s overall SEO health.
- From the audit report, go to Site Performance and click the “View Details” button.
- SEMrush Site Audit Report Statistics
Now you can see all the performance issues on your site that prevent it from loading fast and take steps to resolve them.
The SEMrush site audit report shows performance issues.
An easy and quick win in improving your page speed will compress.
In addition to image compression, there are other things you can do to help your pages load faster:
- Enable browser caching.
- Delete unnecessary plugins.
- Reduce server response time.
- Reduce the number of redirects.